Comprehensive reviews to help you improve your health.
Keyword: chiropractic help
Chiropractic Chiropractors is dedicated towards helping you improve your own health. Any health profession worth its salt seeks to empower people by helping them to help themselves.
Do you have unanswered questions about what to do when you know deep down that your problem is not improving? Or heaven forbid, getting worse?
By working with your chiropractor and providing you with information scripted in simple layman's language, Chiropractic Help, all you need to know, is the place to be.
Other questions you may be having are, for example, could your popping or clicking jaw joint be causing migraine headaches? Temporo mandibular joint anatomy describes the close connection between the jaw joint with neck pain, facial pain and headache.
These are all great questions that need answers before you jump into CHIROPRACTIC CHIROPRACTOR treatment; at Chiropractic Help you will find the answers!
How can you possibly make all the right choices?
The life so short, the craft so long to learn.
Hippocrates, father of Medicine and Chiropractic too.
You can't and, before chiropractic help, understanding your pain, and all the possible solutions, may have been fraught with difficulties. Many health websites seem to be written with the professional in mind.
Here, on the other hand, you will find that I have been crafting my skills since the day I received my first adjustment as a tiny baby. And now my grandchildren too; yes, they too fall from jungle gyms and tumble down the stairs and need chiropractic adjustments of their spines. Appropriately done, when there's a need, chiropractic is for everyone.
You will find step by step answers, built on long years of experience, written with you the layperson in mind.
What you'll discover at this site is that what you do yourself, and don't do, will probably have a more profound effect on your health than anything any doctor, medical or chiropractic, can do for you; it's all about taking responsibility for our own health.
The trick is to start to doing the right things before the nasty symptoms and signs start arriving.
With so many options to confuse you, and very little in the way of understandable and comprehensive information, it's really easy to make the wrong choices, and end up worse off than when you started.
It's controversial, and some of my colleagues will hate me, but please think twice before being sucked into a treatment program for which you will have to mortgage your house. There are very exceptional cases that require quite a lot of treatment but a year long programme for every new patient? The cardinal sign is that your chiropractor spends no more than five minutes with you, and you can see they make few notes of your progress, or specifics of the treatment given on that particular day.
The other side of the coin is that you can't expect your chiropractor to fix a sciatica in three treatments. It just won't happen. Serious, and chronic, conditions require a course of treatment followed by a rehabilitation exercises, and possibly an occasional regular treatment.
Abort the recommended program and you may find the problem returning in a month's time.
But more than fifty treatments in a year? There are sharks in every ocean, and the chiropractic profession is no exception.
In particular, this site is dedicated to enabling you to again take control over your body. Do understand that you will be discouraged from being a passive receiver of care. At Chiropractic Help we think it's important for you to become actively involved in your health; that's the only way will escape from that sense of being a hapless victim of your back. We have no desire for you to make a career of being a patient! Take control over your body again!
Bookworm? Love to read? You will enjoy Bernard Preston's delightful short stories taken from his clinic and life. Says a fan,
"I am looking forward to your third book, Dr Preston. I really enjoyed reading Frog and Bats! They make you think, laugh and relax just like a good book should!"
Emma Maria Nygren
Well, here it is: Stones in my Clog
Read Stones in my Clog on your Kindle, Nook, smartphone or tablet. It's a light book about the funny, bizarre and sometimes tragic things that happen at the Chiropractic Coalface. Just $2.99.
Better health is about making the right choices; and, yes, some of them are hard. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a conman. The decision to lose thirty kilograms or stop smoking is a nightmare. Even the decision to start walking regularly, to grow your bone density, and interestingly, your brain, means saying a determined no to other items on the agenda. Television, could you watch three hours less a week so as not to get Alzheimers because you were going for a short walk every day? There is strong research confirming it.
Once the decision has been made, both lessening television or computer game time and increasing the positive activities can be done; you will be astonished at the improvement in your health with just a short walk every day. Right here at chiropractic and chiropractors you will find the inspiration you need.
At chiropractic chiropractors we have helped thousands of people lose a significant amount of weight, quit the weed and start an aerobic exercise program. Tens, even hundreds of thousands. That's the power of the internet, and you're right here because of chiropractic help.
On a personal note, five months ago, for reasons I won't mention, they're private, I decided to give up a forty year old habit of drinking too much beer. I thought it was going to be extremely difficult but I discovered, the decision once made, that it was not difficult at all. A very surprising benefit was total relief of very severe heartburn that caused me to sit up in bed until midnight at least twice a week.
The victory of these bad habits is won between the ears.
From the Chiropractic Coalface
This page is a reflection of what goes on in our clinics. Updated every
week, these are real cases that will help you grasp what a D.C. does day
Actual cases from the Chiropractic Coalface.
At the end of another week, it is good to reflect on the sense of awe that our care generates, both in the patient and the doctor. The awesome complexity seen at Grays anatomy and the beauty of the human body, fearfully and wonderfully made, and at the sheer power of Chiropractic help.
"Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher is bound in his way to be a lover of myths and poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in being big with wonder."
- Thomas Aquinas, 1225 - 1274
There are few things that turn me on like talking about
Chiropractic help. Here I am, making this year, in the words of Arthur C
Clarke, my 64th orbit of the sun, and I am still passionate about
going to work. So much so that I plan to go on working until the day I
drop. Work? Well, w-o-r-k is a dirty four letter word, right? Wrong! We should love to go to work! I do.
"I believe the second half of one's life is meant to be better than the first half. The first half is finding out how you do it. And the second half is enjoying doing it."
- Frances Lear
Chiropractic (from Greek CHIROS and PRACTIKOS meaning "done by hand") is a complementary health care profession. That means we work alongside mainline Medicine, complementing them. Not complimenting them! That's something quite different.
We diagnose and treat mechanical disorders of the spine and musculoskeletal system with the intention of affecting the nervous system and improving general health; it is based on the premise that spinal joint dysfunction can and does interfere with the nervous system and result in many different conditions which diminish overall health.
DC - Doctor of Chiropractic . In most countries DC's are called Doctor.
The following chart shows how every organ in the body is supplied by nerves, and the majority of them, though not all, come via the spine.
Chiropractic was founded in 1895 by D. D. Palmer, and is now practised by approximately 100 000 men and women in more than 100 countries. Spinal manipulation was however used by the ancients. Both the famed Galen and Hippocrates were really early DCs as well as MDs.
Chiropractic Therapy commonly includes spinal and pelvic adjustments, all the other joints in the body too, and the soft tissues associated with those joints. Rehabilitation after injury is now considered a normal part of our care, to help prevent relapse. The rationale for Chiropractic Therapy ...
Chiropractic tips of the week @ Chiropractic Help
Healthy Living Tips
With America slipping to 40th in the health stakes world wide, and 10% of Europeans expected to be diabetic in just a few years, there has been an enormous move by the public towards complementary and alternative healthcare. Not just chiropractic chiropractors, but healthy living in general, and it's up to the cam professions to scientifically validate their claims.
This is happening. Researchers are finding for example that
The search this site function in the navigation bar on the left enables you to find stuff on this site.
Google has gone through an enormous shakeup in the last year, giving webmasters much grief.
Meantime, use that search function to find more information about subject material mentioned on the page where links have probably been removed. There are over 360 pages at chiropractic help; it's become a veritable encyclopedia dedicated to better health.
The buzz words on future trends in health care are phrases like whole health healing and natural healing and slow food made fast. So, it comes as no surprise that our healthy living tips page is so popular.
Useful links @ Chiropractic Help
The two most important pages @ Chiropractic Help
These two are in my opinion the most important two pages at Chiropractic Help :
Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.
Interesting challenges of the day
1. Mr B came initially for a painful and stiff neck and then asked whether chiropractic could help the cold numb feeling running down the side of his thigh for six months. Meralgia paresthetica is a double crush syndrome with the nerve affected in the back and groin. He's 80% improved after five treatments.
2. Mrs C has a long history of severe, disabling migraine headaches since having her wisdom teeth removed. She clenches her teeth at night. After six treatments she has no migraines but some jaw joint discomfort remains; a bite plate is in the offing.
3. Mrs U has the trophy for the worst back this year. After major surgery with plates and screws two years later she still had paresis in the lower leg and severe disabling back pain. She's doing far better than expected, in no little part due to a lift in her shoe for a very short leg.
4. Mr V is 86 years old and hurt his back helping his wife into the car. Just one treatment of the sacroiliac joint and he's eighty percent better. It's not always like that.
5. Mr W lay on his back knocking down a pillar. Turning his head causes severe vertigo. He needs the Epley exercises, not pills, research shows. Update, he's fine.
6. Mrs X, a young mother has severe lower back pain, with numbness down the posterior thigh, calf and side of her foot. It started after a long drive in the car. After six treatments she is 60 percent better, but it's slow and is going to take the full 6 weeks to heal.
And now a setback, after lifting her child she now has leg pain. It's going to the be difficult.
7. This lady is a 70 year old woman, is on maintenance care for a nasty lumbar stenosis despite having to do everything at home. Her husband has a hospital acquired infection after a total shoulder replacement. After four operations he is incapacitated.
8. She is an 78 year old woman, is doing remarkably well with a bad sciatica. But over 200 pounds she is not losing weight; in fact, gaining despite my suggestions. She's high risk for a stroke. I have referred her to a dietician to crack the whip.
9. This man is a 73 year old engineer, still working, is doing fine after a long episode of lower back pain. Some pain on the side of the hip remains after five treatments. I reassured him it's not hip arthritis.
10. A 64 year old woman has had scheuermanns disease; it's left her with a spinal kyphosis and chronic middorsal pain. She responds well to chiropractic treatment provides she come every six weeks or so for maintenance treatment.
11. Mr C has been having severe headaches, and taking a lot of analgesics. It's a non complicated upper cervical facet syndrome, and she's doing well.
12. Mrs D, a middle aged woman with hip pain of one year duration, despite other treatment. Xrays reveal an impingement syndrome and early hip arthritis. There's much to be done.
13. Both Mrs E and I can't believe how much better her lower back and leg pain are. Surgery for a scoliosis and spondylolysthesis three years ago helped greatly for one year. But then her leg went lame and weak. He was responded extremely well despite all expectations.
And so the day goes; chiropractors shouldn't be treating the elderly most medical sites state but that's so much bunkum.
Have a problem that's not getting better? Looking for a different slant on your pain? Want to pose a question?
Greetings, Dr B.
You helped me quite some time back with a soothing and professional response which turned out to be exactly correct. I now consult a local chiropractor. You write a superb newsletter, too.
Your own unresolved problem. Pose a question
Knowing that up to 70% of the time the correct diagnosis is made with no examination, no special tests, no xrays, but just from the history, there's a fair chance I can add some insight to your unresolved problem. But at least 30% of the time, I may be quite wrong! Give plenty of detail if you want a sensible reply.
You visited this chiropractic help site no doubt because you have a problem that is not resolving and want to know more about what chiropractors do.
The quickest and most interesting way is to read one of my ebooks of anecdotes. Described by a reader as gems, both funny and healthful, from the life and work of a chiropractor, you'll love them. Priced right at $2.99, though Kindle fiddles the price without telling me.
Exercises and rehab of an injured joint is a vital part of Chiropractic Help. Otherwise the pain is likely to return the next time you garden, play golf, go on a long journey...
If your chiropractor doesn't offer exercises, ask... the aim isn't to make you into a twice a week patient for the next ten years! Rather, an ounce of prevention...
"Gems, both funny and healthful, from the life and work of a chiropractor."
Buy now... only $2.99 each on your Kindle, tablet or smartphone.