(Keywords: CHICKEN BONES, chiropractic help, arthritis, fish oil health benefits)
Harvard Medical School scientists report that a chicken bones extract is the source of a protein (gelatine) - and perhaps other substances - that stopped the pain and swelling in a group of 60 rheumatoid arthritis patients who had not responded well to conventional medical treatment.
Of the 29 patients who took the collagen extract, 28 got significant relief, 4 of whom went into complete remission. The disease progressed in the 31 patients given a placebo. Dr David Trentham described the technique as ‘oral tolerisation’, or teaching rogue immune system cells in the body to stop inflaming the normal joint tissues.
Don't dump your bones. Freeze them, and when you've collected enough,
This protein rich stock does wonders for any vegetable soup. My family's favourite soup is this queen of the anti-cancer foods. Read about it at broccoli facts ...
If you're concerned about the fat on your bouillon, think Eggplant recipes .... The eggplant / aubergine/ brinjal is known to lower cholesterol ...for a more comprehensive discussion of foods that lower cholesterol ...
4. Cool and refrigerate. Scrape the fat on the surface off.
This vegetable soup, with chicken bones stock, is one of our favourites.
This broth makes wonderful soup. For example, this Chickpea soup recipe is far tastier with use of this chicken bones broth.
Quite apart from all the known Fish oil health benefits ... the bones and head of fish can be used to make an even better gelatine and glucosamine rich bouillon than from chicken. But with a little more trouble ... but the fat in fish is far healthier than that in chicken.
this protein-rich extract from chicken and fish bones provides the
desperately needed ingredients for cartilage repair, they are real
chiropractic help! Do yourself a big favour and make it yourself.
Gelatine powder ... that's what's in dem bones ...
There's a dearth of convincing independent research proving that synthetic Glucosamine Chondroitin sulphate is anywhere near as effective. Plus your bouillon makes the perfect base for any number of soups.
Mushroom soup recipes
Everyone knows that mushrooms and chicken go so well together. Even more healthy is this delic, wholesome bouillon and mushrooms for the great nutritional content of mushrooms soup.
My Mushroom soup recipes has to be one of my favourites, and for every male protecting your prostate gland is not without importance! Mushrooms are a great source of selenium that vital prostate mineral anti-oxidant.
Search this site function enables you to find stuff on this site.
Google has gone through an enormous shakeup in the last year, giving webmasters much grief. It's meant inter alia a huge amount of work removing links, capital letters, bold, italics, inverted commas, hyphens, and much else.
Meantime, use the search function near the top of the left column to find more information about subject material mentioned on the page, where links have probably been removed.
Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.
Interesting challenges of the day
1. Mr B has the trophy for the most acute neck in February. He has quite advanced lower neck arthritis for a forty year old, thanks to a severe fall on the head from a trampoline. But this is upper cervical pain. Right rotation is simply impossible. Luckily he is improving rapidly, eighty percent better he says after three treatments. See cervical facet syndrome.
2. Mrs C is a new patient with a long history of lower back pain, hip pain and pain in both feet. We'll see how we get on, Rome wasn't built in a day.
3. Miss U sprained her ankle two months ago, wearing high heels. She still has severe mid foot pain. Xrays and perhaps a CT scan.
4. Mr V is 86 years old and hurt his back helping his wife into the car. Just one treatment of the sacroiliac joint and he's eighty percent better. It's not always like that.
5. Mr W lay on his back knocking down a pillar. Turning his head causes severe vertigo. He needs the Epley exercises, not pills, research shows. Update, he's fine.
6. Mrs X, a young mother has severe lower back pain, with numbness down the posterior thigh, calf and side of foot. It started after a long drive in the car. Update, she's forty percent less painful after four treatments, but the leg is still numb. Update two; she 60% better, but it's slow and is going to take the full 6 weeks to heal. Further update; a setback, after lifting her child she now has leg pain. It's going to the be difficult.
7. Mrs Y, a 70 year old woman is on maintenance care fo a nasty lumbar stenosis despite having to do everything at home. Her husband has a hospital acquired infection in the shoulder. After 4 operations he is incapacitated and going rapidly down hill.
8. Mrs Z, an 78 year old woman is doing remarkably well with a bad sciatica. But at over 200 lbs she is not losing weight, in fact gaining despite my suggestions. She's high risk for a stroke. Referral to a dietician to crack the whip.
9. Mr A, a 73 year old engineer, still working, is doing fine after a long episode of lower back pain. Some pain on the side of the hip remains after five treatments. Reassured him it's not hip arthritis.
10. Mrs B, a 64 year old woman has had Scheuermanns disease; it's left with a spinal kyphosis and chronic middorsal pain. She responds well to chiropractic treatment, provides she come every six weeks or so for treatment.
11. Mr C, a young engineer fell off his mountain bike injuring his cervical spine and pelvis. Luckily both responded very quickly to a few chiropractic adjustments. Update: his neck is sore again. It all goes back to a whiplash injury ten years ago when he was rammed by a fully laden truck carrying a load of stone. Time for Xrays.
12. Mrs D, a middle aged woman with hip pain of one year duration, despite other treatment. Xrays reveal an impingement syndrome and early hip arthritis. There's much to be done.
13. Both Mrs E and I can't believe how much better her lower back and leg pain are. Surgery for a scoliosis and spondylolysthesis three years ago helped greatly for one year. But then her leg went lame and weak. He was responded extremely well despite all expectations.
And so the day goes. Chiropractors shouldn't be treating the elderly? Bunkum.
Have a problem that's not getting better? Looking for a different slant on your pain? Want to pose a question?
Greetings, Dr B.
You helped me quite some time back with a soothing and professional
response which turned out to be exactly correct. I now consult a local chiropractor.
You write a superb newsletter, too.
Your own unresolved problem. Pose a question
Knowing that up to 70% of the time the correct diagnosis is made with no examination, no special tests, no xrays, but just from the history, there's a fair chance I can add some insight to your unresolved problem. But at least 30% of the time, I may be quite wrong! Give plenty of detail if you want a sensible reply.
You visited this chiropractic help site no doubt because you have a problem that is not resolving and want to know more about what chiropractors do.
The quickest and most interesting way is to read one of my ebooks of anecdotes. Described by a reader as gems, both funny and healthful, from the life and work of a chiropractor, you'll love them. Priced right at $2.99, though Kindle fiddles the price without telling me.