(Keywords: CHICKEN BONES, chiropractic help, arthritis, fish oil health benefits)
Harvard Medical School scientists report that a chicken bones extract is the source of a protein (gelatine) - and perhaps other substances - that stopped the pain and swelling in a group of 60 rheumatoid arthritis patients who had not responded well to conventional medical treatment.
Of the 29 patients who took the collagen extract, 28 got significant relief, 4 of whom went into complete remission. The disease progressed in the 31 patients given a placebo. Dr David Trentham described the technique as ‘oral tolerisation’, or teaching rogue immune system cells in the body to stop inflaming the normal joint tissues.
Don't dump your bones. Freeze them, and when you've collected enough,
This protein rich stock does wonders for any vegetable soup. My family's favourite soup is this queen of the anti-cancer foods. Read about it at broccoli facts ...
If you're concerned about the fat on your bouillon, think Eggplant recipes .... The eggplant / aubergine/ brinjal is known to lower cholesterol ...for a more comprehensive discussion of foods that lower cholesterol ...
4. Cool and refrigerate. Scrape the fat on the surface off.
This vegetable soup, with chicken bones stock, is one of our favourites.
This broth makes wonderful soup. For example, this Chickpea soup recipe is far tastier with use of this chicken bones broth.
Quite apart from all the known Fish oil health benefits ... the bones and head of fish can be used to make an even better gelatine and glucosamine rich bouillon than from chicken. But with a little more trouble ... but the fat in fish is far healthier than that in chicken.
this protein-rich extract from chicken and fish bones provides the
desperately needed ingredients for cartilage repair, they are real
chiropractic help! Do yourself a big favour and make it yourself.
Gelatine powder ... that's what's in dem bones ...
There's a dearth of convincing independent research proving that synthetic Glucosamine Chondroitin sulphate is anywhere near as effective. Plus your bouillon makes the perfect base for any number of soups.
Mushroom soup recipes
Everyone knows that mushrooms and chicken go so well together. Even more healthy is this delic, wholesome bouillon and mushrooms for the great nutritional content of mushrooms soup.
My Mushroom soup recipes has to be one of my favourites, and for every male protecting your prostate gland is not without importance! Mushrooms are a great source of selenium that vital prostate mineral anti-oxidant.
The search this site function in the navigation bar on the left enables you to find stuff on this site.
Google has gone through an enormous shakeup in the last year, giving webmasters much grief.
Meantime, use that search function to find more information about subject material mentioned on the page where links have probably been removed. There are over 360 pages at chiropractic help; it's become a veritable encyclopedia dedicated to better health.
Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.
Interesting challenges of the day
1. Mr B came initially for a painful and stiff neck and then asked whether chiropractic could help the cold numb feeling running down the side of his thigh for six months. Meralgia paresthetica is a double crush syndrome with the nerve affected in the back and groin. He's 80% improved after five treatments.
2. Mrs C has a long history of severe, disabling migraine headaches since having her wisdom teeth removed. She clenches her teeth at night. After six treatments she has no migraines but some jaw joint discomfort remains; a bite plate is in the offing.
3. Mrs U has the trophy for the worst back this year. After major surgery with plates and screws two years later she still had paresis in the lower leg and severe disabling back pain. She's doing far better than expected, in no little part due to a lift in her shoe for a very short leg.
4. Mr V is 86 years old and hurt his back helping his wife into the car. Just one treatment of the sacroiliac joint and he's eighty percent better. It's not always like that.
5. Mr W lay on his back knocking down a pillar. Turning his head causes severe vertigo. He needs the Epley exercises, not pills, research shows. Update, he's fine.
6. Mrs X, a young mother has severe lower back pain, with numbness down the posterior thigh, calf and side of her foot. It started after a long drive in the car. After six treatments she is 60 percent better, but it's slow and is going to take the full 6 weeks to heal.
And now a setback, after lifting her child she now has leg pain. It's going to the be difficult.
7. This lady is a 70 year old woman, is on maintenance care for a nasty lumbar stenosis despite having to do everything at home. Her husband has a hospital acquired infection after a total shoulder replacement. After four operations he is incapacitated.
8. She is an 78 year old woman, is doing remarkably well with a bad sciatica. But over 200 pounds she is not losing weight; in fact, gaining despite my suggestions. She's high risk for a stroke. I have referred her to a dietician to crack the whip.
9. This man is a 73 year old engineer, still working, is doing fine after a long episode of lower back pain. Some pain on the side of the hip remains after five treatments. I reassured him it's not hip arthritis.
10. A 64 year old woman has had scheuermanns disease; it's left her with a spinal kyphosis and chronic middorsal pain. She responds well to chiropractic treatment provides she come every six weeks or so for maintenance treatment.
11. Mr C has been having severe headaches, and taking a lot of analgesics. It's a non complicated upper cervical facet syndrome, and she's doing well.
12. Mrs D, a middle aged woman with hip pain of one year duration, despite other treatment. Xrays reveal an impingement syndrome and early hip arthritis. There's much to be done.
13. Both Mrs E and I can't believe how much better her lower back and leg pain are. Surgery for a scoliosis and spondylolysthesis three years ago helped greatly for one year. But then her leg went lame and weak. He was responded extremely well despite all expectations.
And so the day goes; chiropractors shouldn't be treating the elderly most medical sites state but that's so much bunkum.
Have a problem that's not getting better? Looking for a different slant on your pain? Want to pose a question?
Greetings, Dr B.
You helped me quite some time back with a soothing and professional response which turned out to be exactly correct. I now consult a local chiropractor. You write a superb newsletter, too.
Your own unresolved problem. Pose a question
Knowing that up to 70% of the time the correct diagnosis is made with no examination, no special tests, no xrays, but just from the history, there's a fair chance I can add some insight to your unresolved problem. But at least 30% of the time, I may be quite wrong! Give plenty of detail if you want a sensible reply.
You visited this chiropractic help site no doubt because you have a problem that is not resolving and want to know more about what chiropractors do.
The quickest and most interesting way is to read one of my ebooks of anecdotes. Described by a reader as gems, both funny and healthful, from the life and work of a chiropractor, you'll love them. Priced right at $2.99, though Kindle fiddles the price without telling me.