turned in foot

by Darci
(Normal IL)

My 2 year old son has one leg angled in. I have spoken with his pediatrician on numerous ocassions and he said that he would grow out of it. He said that braces do not help. I don't feel that he will grow out of it as my husband (age 32) has the same issue. Will chiropractic treatment help?

Hello Darci,
I'm not sure if chiropractic treatment would help, but I do think it important that a chiropractor experienced with children examines your child.

Sometimes we do have genetic abnormalities, and it's best to do nothing. Does your husband have problems, or is it just cosmetic?

On the other hand, it could be a hip dysplasia that's been missed, and that's vital to address.

Did your child walk normally at around 12-14 months? We treat children who can't/ won't walk very successfully.

Talk to friends and family, find an experienced thorough chiro in your area. Or phone the Illinois Chiropractic Association for a name.

I hope this has contributed.

Dr B.

Comments for turned in foot

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 16, 2011
by: Anonymous

He walked at 11 months with no problems. My husband has back issues but nothing major...

Then see a chiropractor by all means, but don't get too fussed about it. The paediatrician may well be right.

Let us know how you get on.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chiropractic help Questions (Neck pain).

Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Then forward it to a friend. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.