pains every where.
by lisa duckett
I'm a 33 year old female. I have been to many doctors and hospital thinking I'm having a heart attack or stroke. Test results are always normal. I cant under stand it I have really bad pain in my neck, back and chest. I get numbness and tingling in my arms, fingers, hands, legs, face, and tongue. I have tried every thing from heat pads, pain killers, hot baths and rub on gel.
Nothing helps. It's got to a point that I go to hospital and gp so many times, I think they think its all in my head when it really isn't. I'm in pain 24/7.
I have stopped doing things I used to do due to it all. I have three kids and find it hard to run after them some times. I'm always tired is there anything I could do to help me? I feel so sick all time as well, any help would be great.
When you have an illness that defies diagnosis and treatment, the best you can do is to go back to basics. And it's often the most effective, and a blessing in disguise.
1. Become a health nut. Cut ALL the crap out of your diet. Start to eat apples and walnuts, salads and hummus, vegetables and fish...
2. Absolutely no colas, no chips, no nik-naks, donuts, nothing with hydrogenated oils. That includes most margarines. Read the labels. Avoid stuff loaded with preservatives, flavour enhancers, stabilisers... back to basics.
3. Because there seems to be a neurological basis to your illness, make sure you are getting the good fats: fatty fish, olive, avocado, nuts and seeds.
4. Absolutely be sure you aren't on a high carb / low fat diet. Very dangerous.
5. If you're overweight, get in shape. Get it off. Start by cutting out the starches in your diet: bread, potato, rice, less pasta.
6. Start going for a walk EVERY day. You decide how far. But every day.
7. Spend time with God. He loves you, and wants you to find the fullness of life. Start to believe that He walks with you in your misery. Because He does.
8. Spend some time being quiet every day, perhaps just ten minutes to begin with. Mobile off, TV off, no distractions.
9. When did you last have a proper holiday? Start to plan it now.
10. You say you've tried EVERYTHING. But you make no mention of a Chiropractor. That's the place to start with neck and back pain, but rather late than never.
I suppose I could add more, but that will keep you busy! Scour our Healthy Living Tips page.
I hope this contributes.