Pain in the neck that extends to the shoulder
I have been having this pain now for the past six months after a fall on my stairway and I took the impart on my upper back right side. The pain is usually intermittent aches and burning sensation around my upper back, upper arm, under arm, and in my right breast and sometimes tingling down the arm.
I've been to my GP and blood test were done, came back clear, we did ultra sound scan for gallbladder came out fine. Been to the Physio a couple of times, which did help a bit.
Noticed with stretches the pains stops but will come back later.
I work sitting using a computer 5 days a week.
What's needed is a diagnosis, and it seems like there may be two distinct injuries. Here are a few questions; the more accurately you can answer each one, the more likely I may be able to help. A one liner will be a waste of your and my time.
1. Take in a very deep breath; anything unusual?
2. Press firmly on the joints between the ribs and your breast bone, first left and right. Any specific tenderness? Just medial to the breast tissue. Is there a lump?
3. Which part of the arm, precisely is affected by the tingling? Did your doctor take reflexes, test skin sensation and look for any weakness in the arm; most usually the triceps and the finger muscles may be affected.
4. Turn your head to the right, and then simultaneously look up. What happens.
5. Ask your husband to do the 'upper limb tension test'. Find it using the Site Search function at Chiropractic Help.
There's a lot to be done. Do it thoroughly and give me a complete answer if you want this to be of any use.
Meantime go on with the physio if it's helping; they may be able to help you answer some of the above.