neck spasms afte car accident over two months ago

by Jenny
(Hartsville,SC USA)

My 15 year old daughter and i we're in an automobile accident two months ago. She has had severe and debilitating muscle spasms on left side of her neck and top left shoulder since. I have took her to doctors And specialist done therapy and chiropractor with no success.

An MRI and CT Scan came back negative for any type injury or damage.

Her spasms and pain keep getting worse even to the point that shes been out of school and pretty much bed ridden for over a month now. She can't even get out of bed without assistance to go to the restroom. What is going on? What can I do? They are sending her to a pain management clinic to get injections next week. But this only masks the pain. I want a diagnosis not just a cover up. Please help!

Hello Jenny,
I like your approach. Getting to the bottom of this is more important than pain control.

Frankly, I'm not sure. You've done what I would have suggested. But clearly there's something the matter with your daughter, only up to now no one has figured it out.

Perhaps, step I might be to have the scans read again by someone who hasn't seen the first report.

Step II, keep your daughter as active as she can manage; even bully her a little, if necessary.

Don't underestimate the psychological ramifications of trauma such as you've been through. That may be worth pursuing.

Then I'd have her examined, but not treated, by several new people; another orthopedist, a chiropractor, and perhaps a psychologist. Do they come up with anything new?

Were you present when your daughter was examined; were you impressed and satisfied with the examination? Or, was it superficial? Was it thorough?

I'm sorry, Jenny. I fear I may have asked more questions than given you answers.

Let me know how you get on.

Dr B

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chiropractic help Questions (Neck pain).

Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.