Jaw problems

by Willemien
(South-Africa Gauteng)

I have a huge overbite and my lower jaw needs to be extended so I need to go for a jaw operation ASAP because it is giving me endless problems; I struggle everyday, I cannot eat or sleep or even yawn. I have a referral letter but I don't have a medical aid. How do I go about it?

Hello Willemien,
I always recommend trying the conservative route before going for major surgery; and this is a BIG operation.

Also, your overbite may be what we call an incidental finding; present, but not the cause of your problems.

Start with our TMJ exercises for a few weeks; use the search function at Chiropractic Help to find them.

Then contact your local Gauteng chiropractic association for help in locating someone who works with jaw joint problems.

Good luck; I hope this contributes.

Dr B

PS I'm having difficulty locating the chairperson of Gauteng chiropractic association myself. Try going to Chiropractic.co.za and using the contact tab ask them.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jaw joint pain (TMJ).

Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.