ankle joint pain

by carolyn christoff
(waterloo ny)

Ankle joint pain

I go up and down stairs all day at work and my right ankle has been bothering me with pain on the inside of my ankle where it bends and the back of my ankle gets a sharp pain where the leg connects to the ankle where the bone is in the back of my ankle.

It's getting worse.

Not sure what is wrong and what to do. Do you have any suggesstions?

Hello Carolyn,
For self help you could try icing the painful part and doing the "alphabet exercises". Sitting, trace out the letters of the alphabet with your foot. Try and get thru the whole alphabet every day, half a dozen letters at at time.

However, I suspect that's not going to be adequate. You need to find a chiropractor who treats feet. What's needed first up is a good examination. What's going wrong....

Contact the NY chiro association, and ask for a list of chiros who treat feet. Phone, and make sure that s/he does more than just prescribed orthotics. Feet are a specialisation, and I suggest you do your homework before taking the plunge. It's the kind of problem that I'd love to get my hands on, but helaas I live on the other side of the planet.

Good luck, I hope you can find someone who can help you.

Dr B

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Chiropractic help Questions (General).

Did you find this page useful? Then perhaps forward it to a suffering friend. Better still, Tweet or Face Book it.